BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
Members of the Board of Trustees should have a genuine interest in and devotion to public education, a willingness to give time and effort to the work, a capacity for understanding people, and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
Any qualified elector of the school district is eligible to serve as a school board member. A "qualified elector" is a person who is:
* a citizen of the United States;
* eighteen years old or older on election day;
* a resident of the State of Wyoming and the trustee area he or she wishes to represent;
* a registered voter.
A person may not serve on a school board who is:
* a mentally incompetent person;
* has been convicted of a felony and whose civil rights have not been restored.
A qualified person may be nominated for the office of school district trustee by filing an application for election with the county clerk not more than ninety nor less than seventy days prior to the election.
Adoption Date: 6/19/14