PERSONNEL POLICIES AND GOALS
THE POLICIES RELATING TO PERSONNEL IN THIS MANUAL ARE INTENDED AS A GUIDE FOR THE EFFICIENT AND PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE OF THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT AND THE EMPLOYEES EMPLOYED BY THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT. NOTHING HEREIN CONTAINED SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO BE A CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYER AND THE EMPLOYEE. ADDITIONALLY, THE POLICIES CONTAINED IN THIS MANUAL ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED BY ANY EMPLOYEE AS CONTAINING BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT. THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE SCHOOL DISTRICT RETAINS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE OR AMEND THE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY MANUAL AT SUCH TIMES AS THEY DEEM IT NECESSARY AND IN THE MANNER THEY DEEM BEST FOR THE SCHOOL DISTRICT, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
The Board recognizes that a well-qualified staff dedicated to education is necessary to provide a good educational program. The Board is interested in its employees as individuals and recognizes its responsibility in promoting their general welfare.
Through the proper administrative process, the Board's specific personnel goals are:
1. To recruit, select, and employ the best qualified teachers and other staff members possible within its financial means.
2. To provide compensation and benefits sufficient to attract and retain qualified employees.
3. To provide an in-service training program through which employees may improve their performance.
4. To conduct an employee evaluation program that will contribute to the continuous improvement of performance.
5. To assign employees so as to assure their services are utilized as effectively as possible.
6. To develop the quality of human relationships necessary to obtain
maximum staff performance and satisfaction.
Adoption Date: 11/19/80
Amended: 8/18/16 (and replacing GAA)