Students who do not legally qualify as residents of the district shall be charged tuition. Special exemptions from the tuition charges will be made for students who meet any of the following classifications.
1. To provide temporarily for the continuous progress of children whose families move from the district at times when not being able to attend this district's schools might disrupt their ongoing education.
2. To assist residents who have undertaken the custodial care of children from outside the district due to a child's need for care due to special family circumstances.
3. To bring into the district an occasional student from other countries who are the guests of district residents under exchange programs that have been approved by the Board.
4. To enroll a student through an agreement with another district or agency.
5. Other justifiable reasons the Board may approve that waive tuition requirements.
The tuition charge will be determined annually by the Board and will be equal to the average per pupil cost of instruction for the preceding school year. The same rate will apply to all students.
(Adoption date 11/19/80)