The Principal may suspend or recommend expulsion of a student who violates one or more of the following standards of conduct while on school grounds, during a school-sponsored activity, or during a school-related activity.
1. Causes or attempts to cause damage to school property or steals or attempts to steal school property;
2. Causes or attempts· to cause damage to private property or steals or attempts to steal priyate property;
3. Causes or attempts to cause physical injury to another person, except in self-defense;
4. Possesses or transmits any firearms, knives, explosives, or other dangerous objects;
5. Possesses, uses, transmits, or is under the influence of any narcotic drug, hallucinogenic drug, amphetamine, barbiturate, marijuana, alcoholic beverage, or intoxicant of any kind;
6. Continued, willful disobedience or open and persistent defiance of proper authority;
7. Behavior which is inimical to the welfare, safety, and morals of other students.
The Principal will have these rules printed in the student handbook or other publication and have them made available to students and parents.
(Adoption date 11/19/80)