STUDENT SOCIAL EVENTS- functions such as dances, parties, and banquets are held for entertainment and to help students grow socially. To facilitate social activities the following regulations will apply.
1. All school rules relating to proper dress, use of alcohol, tobacco and drugs, and general conduct will apply to all social functions.
2. Attendance at Dances:
a. Middle school students may not attend any high school dance.
b. Parents of high school students and School Board members may attend dances.
c. An individual, not a current member of the Big Piney student body may attend dances sponsored or supervised by the Big Piney High School under the following conditions and provisions:
1. The high school student wishing to bring a qualified guest to a dance sponsored or directed by the Big Piney High School must enter the name of the proposed guest on a master list maintained in the high school office no less than two full school days prior to the date of the dance.
2. The student will be issued a pass with the full name of the guest with such pass to be presented to the chaperone responsible for regulating entry into the dance. The chaperone shall have the authority to ask for and receive additional identification from the guest if he or she has reasonable doubt as to the validity of the pass in question.
3. Any individual who creates a problem at a high school dance may be denied permission to attend future dances or social events during the remainder of the school year.
d. By special invitation, visiting high school students and their sponsors may attend high school dances.
e. Alumni and guest, wives or husbands may attend the Junior Prom and Homecoming Dance but are asked to leave after coronation. An alumni is any person who has graduated from Big Piney High School
f. Big Piney High School students may be denied admission to a Big Piney High School dance if they fail to present to the chaperone supervising entry into the dance, their student identification card in a timely and proper manner.
3. Closing Time for Dances:
a. ''Major Dances'' herein defined as the Junior Prom. Sweetheart Ball and Homecoming Dance may last until 12:00 a.m.
b. All other dances not considered "Major Dances·· may last until 11:30 p.m. when classes are not in session on the following day.
c. Dances held on a night when school is in session on the following day must be concluded by 9:30p.m.
d. Closing time for dances shall be left to the discretion of the advisor but shall not exceed the restrictions described herein.
4. Student Conduct and Discipline:
a. Students are not to use any tobacco, drugs, or alcohol during or before any student social function. Students should conduct themselves accordingly during these functions.
b. Any student who violates Section 4a will be removed from the function furthermore, he or she will not be allowed to attend any function for the remainder of the school year without special permission of the principal.
c. Students are to dress appropriately when attending all functions. Students whose dress is improper will not be allowed to enter the function.
d. When a student is removed from a function, the parents are to be notified. In addition, when a civil law is violated, the police will also be notified.
5. Entering and Leaving a Dance:
a. Student entry to the Major Dances shall not be permitted if proper dress is not being observed.
b. A student who leaves a dance shall not regain access.
(Amended 11 /20/85)
(Amended 05/21 /09