Certification Regarding Debarment and Suspension
This Certification is for any contract awarded by a grantee or sub-grantee for federally-required audit services, regardless of dollar amount, and for any other procurement contract.
(BEFORE COMPLETING CERTIFICATION, READ INSTRUCTIONS ON REVERSE.)
(1) The prospective bidder or participant, by submission of this form, certifies that neither it nor its principals are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency.
(2) Where the prospective bidder or participant is unable to certify to any of the statements in this Certification, such prospective bidder or participant shall attach an explanation to this proposal.
Organization Name PR/Award Number or Project Name
Name(s) and Title(s) of Authorized Representative(s)
1. By signing and submitting this form, the prospective bidder or participant is providing the certification set out on the reverse side in accordance with these instructions.
2. The certification in this clause is a material representation of fact upon which reliance was placed when this transaction was entered into. If it is later determined that the prospective bidder or participant knowingly rendered an erroneous certification, in addition to other remedies available, the School Food Authority (SFA) or agency with which this transaction originated may pursue available remedies, including suspension and/or debarment.
3. The prospective bidder or participant shall provide immediate written notice to the person or SFA to which this proposal is submitted if at any time the prospective bidder or participant learns that its certification was erroneous when submitted or has become erroneous by reason of changed circumstances.
4. The prospective bidder or participant agrees by submitting this form that, should the proposed transaction be entered into, it shall not knowingly enter into any transaction with a person who is debarred, suspended, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction, unless authorized by the department or agency with which this transaction originated.
5. Nothing contained in the foregoing shall be construed to require establishment of a system of records in order to render in good faith the certification required by this clause. The knowledge and information of a bidder or participant is not required to exceed that which is normally possessed by a prudent person in the ordinary course of business dealings.